ISO 9001 Certification – Small Company
A small company was required by one of its major customers to become certified to ISO 9001, Quality Management System. The company did not fully understand the requirements of the standard or how they applied to its business.
Establish a Quality Management System that would meet the needs of the business and the requirements of ISO 9001.
We provided training in the ISO 9001 standard, an understanding of how the requirements applied to the business, and guidance throughout the development and implementation of the quality system. Internal auditor training was also provided so they would be able to assess their system on a regular basis.
- Achieved ISO 9001 Certification within six (6) months, with no non-conformances
- Established a Quality Management System that met the business needs and established a foundation for continual improvement
- Qualified individuals as auditors to perform internal audits
Process Improvement – Large Manufacturing Organization
A manufacturing organization that produced consumer equipment was incurring high costs due to defective product from suppliers. Although the issue had previously been addressed, the problem would recur because the process for dealing with defective product was inconsistent and poorly deployed.
Establish an effective process to address defective product in a timely manner and on a consistent basis in order to eliminate or minimize the problem and thus reduce cost.
We established a team of individuals from the areas who had a role in the process and used Six Sigma as the problem-solving model to develop a standard process. Training was provided in the new process prior to implementation, and measures linked to organizational commitments and goals were developed.
- Reduced cost due to defective product by 20% in six (6) months
- Enabled the organization to meet performance commitments
- Established a process that prevented the problem from recurring Improved communication with suppliers
- Improved communication with suppliers
Defect Reduction – Small Manufacturing Company
A small manufacturing company was interested in improving its profitability by reducing the costs associated with defects. Defect data was collected and reported weekly, however it was not being used to drive improvements.
Reduce defects and establish a consistent approach to problem solving.
We provided training and guidance in the application of the Six Sigma process and appropriate tools to the address the problem. Selected individuals from each of the areas participated in training workshops where they identified causes and viable solutions, which were then implemented.
- Reduced defects by more than 35% in the first three (3) months
- Clearly defined and documented processes
- Improved problem-solving skills of workforce